This is so easy and so flavorful. You could make this, and freeze before the baking step. Then, thaw and bake for easy dinner night. So yummy.
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced (I used pre-shredded pizza cheese)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Saute the mushrooms in a little oil and garlic to desired tenderness.
- Place the mushrooms in a 9x13 inch pan.
- In separate bowl, mix the chicken broth with cream of mushroom soup. Set aside.
- Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs, salt, pepper and seasoning.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet. Place chicken on top of mushrooms, then pour the soup/broth mixture over the chicken, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve over noodles or rice.