Pages

Background

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Twice Baked Potato's

Such an important detail here with regards to freezer cooking...don't forget the sides! I have lots of breadsticks and things frozen, some rice, and lots of veggies. But, why not potato's? Well, yes potato's!


I bought a bag of large potato's at 15lbs for $7.50. Not bad. I simply scrubbed the skins, and baked for an hour at 425. Once cool enough to handle, scoop out most of the insides, and make your favorite mashed potato's. I used butter, dash of milk, sour cream, garlic salt and pepper. Mixed it up with my hand mixer in a bowl, then scooped back into the potato skins. I didn't have any cheese, but if I did, I would have shredded it, and frozen it all together. Once completely cool, I laid wax paper over the top, then wrapped tightly with foil, and sealed in freezer bags, removing most of the air. Label, and store, and you've got side dishes! I still have the other half of the potato's to do tomorrow. I was thinking, why not just freeze mashed potato's? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment