Pages

Background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update on Garden

Last day of March, and the sun has finally come out to warm us back up! It was in the 30s last night, but my plants have been covered for over a week! Should be near 90 this weekend.


My radishes. Can't believe how much is growing in the garden!!! I need to thin these out a bit.




Carrots. They're so cute. Like little bunny ears.




Here's my lettuce




Spinach







Mustard



Onions. I hope they perk back up now that they're uncovered from the cold.




Peas




Beans and corn. These beans are my biggest seedlings so far. So proud of them!
I read that you can plant corn with beans, and the beans will climb the corn. If this doesn't work, a simple trellis will be in place soon.



1 of my 4 Strawberry plants





Tomatoes. They are a little unhappy with the cold too. Hopefully they'll bounce back.








Cabbage







Herbs








I have 4 new plants back here. Two on both corners of the picture that will get quite tall and bloom yellow next spring. And 2 double knockout roses. Along the back fence there, I planted cardinal vines, that will bloom with red flowers all summer and into the fall! My oak is also blooming, and should give us a LOT of privacy this summer from the neighbors.


 



The husband thought I killed this snowflake, but I learned it needs lots of water and fertilizer. It has now almost completely bounced back from my blunder after about a week of TLC.







This is our small, complete shade back garden. I am still looking for a climbing vine for the wall. I have the perfect trellis in mind, something I will reuse/re-purpose. Just need to decide what to put there. It's all shade, and I want flowers, so we'll see. In a couple months you will not recognize this area. The canna's get HUGE here. I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment