Pages

Background

Sunday, October 23, 2011

More Applesauce

Well, I promised and now have delivered. I sent hubby to the store for 50lbs of apples. Turns out he couldn't bear to fill another bag and brought home 40lbs instead. He's forgiven, both for the flowers he got for me while he was there, and the cashier accidentally wrung up the Honeycrisp apples at .69cents/lb like all the rest.



I borrowed help from friends, and their crockpots, to make them all in 1 day. I hate putting off until tomorrow, what can be done today!

 

So, I canned 18 Pints this morning using the same recipe as before. This time, I used 1/4C. packed brown sugar in each crockpot. 1 full crockpot made 9 jars. I'm a nerd...that's 55grams of sugar per crockpot. 9 pints means there is 6.11grams of added sugar per pint jar. Not bad! That's 1-2grams per serving. Told you...NERD!

I used a selection of about 6 varieties of apples. I have never bought Red Rome, and was delighted to see the flesh was red/pink! That was so cool. The Jonagold sprayed me in the face when they were chopped...each and every one of them! But, with the help of a friend, this went very quickly. Many hands make light work, eh?!



 

 
 \

Total of 24! Exactly what I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment